Sunday, February 3, 2008

How is it there?





Remember when...


We use to have winters with snow? this winter has been one that reminded me of winters of past. We have had such a drought and this winter we have actually got some snow! this was when we first got up on Sunday morning. (about 3 inches) then during the day we got another three inches. I hear Durango has waist high snow and Hansens have got about that much too. I was told if it keep up with the wind and snow they will not be able to see their mailboxes.


I remember playing in the snow and going tubing as a family. We we got married and we had children growing up in Colorado they loved to go out in the snow too. Now I like to stand by the warm fire and see the glitter of the snow from the window. However after I went out to clean the snow off the car and came back in the house Don ask, "Playing out in the snow are ya?" so I guess I still like to get out in it... just not be cold. What do you remember about the snow?

(the second picture is in the early afternoon)

The winters in Colorado... this snow would stay for the rest of the winter. Here it only lasts several hours because the temperature warms up and melts the snow within a day or two generally. I remember sending children to school in the snow and very cold temperatures. I was glad the school bus stopped at our house and then didn't have to walk far to get on.

2 comments:

Our Crazy Life said...

Hi Gloria! The weather here isn't so white...HA! It has been rainy though, and very cold and windy! We wished we could get some of that white stuff...but only in the mountains it appears! Keep warm, love ya - Monica!

Gloria said...

Thanks Monica, I hope in time we can get more info from the rest of the family. Hope things are going forward with your house. love ya back, Aunt Gloria