Wednesday, May 21, 2008

something reminded me of this

Dad told us a story many years ago about when he was younger, I would say a teenager. He said he was riding his horse from Antonito to Romeo. If I remember right it was in the evening. As he crossed the bridge between there (over the river) a figure came out from under the bridge and spooked the horse. Dad started running (seems like someone else was with him riding his horse too, but I don't remember who it was) as fast as he could. This figure was running on his hind legs like a man and was staying right up with them as they galloped their horse as fast as they could. When they turned to head into Romeo it was gone. The horses ran so fast they were all lathered up when they arrived home.

This story would spook me so that when we would drive past the bridge often I would think of this story. In fact once he was telling it to us when we were at Uncle Franks. I was up on the top bunk, and as he finished the story we heard this boom! Screamed we did.... Frankie's play gun had fallen off the bed at that time! what timing! Do any of you remember this story?

No comments: