Wednesday, September 17, 2008

check out this blog


Danette has put together a cute story about a little girl and posted it on the Arlo Vance Family blog. I encourage you to read it. You can reach it through the link on this blog. There is a true story about this one related to our Becky. When we went camping this last summer we (Becky, myself and Gatha) found a little bird trying to fly on the ground where we were. Becky wanted very much to pick it up and take it back to camp to take care of it. I told her not to touch it so the mother could find it and take care of it. I had a napkin in my pocket so I gave it to her after she tried to shoo it into the bushes so nothing would harm it. She used the napkin to gingerly wrap around the bird and put it into a nest which she had made. Then as we were saying our family prayers that night Becky reminded me to mention the bird (since I was the voice for the prayer). Then next morning we went to see if the bird was still there. It was gone. I told her Heavenly Father had answered our prayer and took care of the bird.

2 comments:

Kent said...

That's a touching story. The photo is great!

Unknown said...

That was a sweet experience.
We did watch the tiny bird and were glad when it was gone the next morning.
Gatha