Sunday, October 26, 2008

TIME IS CLOSE

Once again the time is getting close for the elections. I have served as an election judge for several years here and am amazed how many voters come out when the presidential elections take place and fewer in our local or state elections take place.

ANYWAY.... I am writing to encourage all to take advantage of their citizenship right and vote on Nov 4th!

I will be serving as an election judge on Cedar mountain this year. This will be new to me, since I do not know the people up there. It will be a long day. I have to leave around 5:00am and be there until after 8:00pm for about 100 voters to be able to take advantage of this right.

I also feel it is a difficult day with many hard days ahead as our leaders have warned us... but am thankful for the words of hope given in general conference.

3 comments:

Kent said...

Are you going to get rich working as an election judge?

I am looking forward to voting. I need to cancel out my next door neighbor's votes.

Gloria said...

never rich... just a little pay and gratefullness for being able to help the community, and my country. enough to use for Christmas I hope.

Unknown said...

I am proud of you for your love of country and willingness to show it by your doing a big job. I have done that in Colorado, many times. I haven't done it here. I believe in voting. Follow the Prophet.