Sunday, November 2, 2008

CRUNCH - CRASH!!

We have all had our turns I think! I remember when Marcy was learning to drive at Grandpa Vances' and ran into the stack of lumber with the new red pickup. I remember when Danette ran into the fence at the Seminary drive-way and bent the fence, seems like she was driving our diesel car. I remember when Cory hit a deer running acrouss the road in our little Omni. I remember when I first started driving and had an accident as I was driving into the yard in Farmington. I also remember when Don was driving out of the drive-in theatre and hit the speaker post in our new Pinto. Yep... we have all experienced fender benders.... Now Breanna can add her name to the list. I'm grateful no one was hurt. I bet you can think of a time as well.... or was close to someone who has gone crunch - crash!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I remember spending the Summer at Osage Beach, Mo. My Mom's family lived next to a national park and they were building an outlet mall at the end of their drive.

Robert and I were left home during the day because G'ma, G'pa and Uncle Steve all worked, but it was a safe place for us to be left alone.

Anyway, my grandparents left the keys in the ignition of one of the vehicles. I decided to take the car for a joy ride around the parking lot of the outlet mall. Mind you that I didn't have to cross any public roads to get into the outlet mall as it was at the end of my G'parents drive.

After driving around the very large parking lot, Robert and I headed back to the drive to the house. I thought it would be nice of me to check the mail in the mail box. It was really my first time driving, and so I didn't know how to judge the post of the mail box for Robert's side of the car, the passenger. I knocked the mail box over.

He and I jumped out of the car and checked it for damages. Tried to set the mail box back up so that no one would know we were driving the car and headed home.

Although my G'parents never said anything to us about it, comments have been made about our joy ride. Thank goodness I wasn't any more brave with that car!

Kent said...

I backed our van into a mailbox when we were turning around in a caldesac. It didn't hurt the mailbox, but it left an ugly ding in the back door of the van.

Not too long ago, Betty was backing out of the driveway and dinged the passenger side door.

We've had our share of fender benders too.